PWInsider - WWE News, Wrestling News, WWE

 
 

ALBERTO EL PATRON BREAKS SILENCE ON IMPACT NO-SHOW

By Mike Johnson & Paul Jordan on 2018-04-13 12:48:00

Alberto El Patron spoke with the Sporting News about his MMA company Combate Americas and more.   During the interview, the issues leading to his Impact Wrestling termination were discussed.

On why he missed last Friday's Impact versus Lucha Underground show in New Orleans, Patron stated, "I had a family situation that I needed to attend (to). As you know, my family, my kids are my priority. The situation was involving them and that’s why I decided to take care of business and take care of my family situation. And that’s all that happened. And that comes to what I was just saying to you. I know people wanted to know absolutely everything. This only concerns my family: my parents, my sister, myself and my kids. And that’s the way it’s going to stay."

Impact terminated Patron's contract with the company on 4/8, the day after he failed to appear for the 4/7 Impact vs. Lucha Underground event in New Orleans.  That night, one Impact source stated that Patron had claimed to be sick (which is not what Patron told the Sporting News) and that was why he missed the show, which he was scheduled to main event.

The word around the locker room that night, however, was that Patron had blown off the show.  Patron had appeared earlier in the day for a press conference that was filmed and streamed live on Twitch.  During the conference, he and current impact Champion Austin Aries argued and got into a physical scuffle to build their April 22nd Redemption PPV main event.   That match has since been replaced by Aries vs. Rey Fenix vs. Pentagon Jr.

One story that was been shared amongst the wrestlers in the wake of Patron's no-show is that Impact head Ed Nordholm was staying at the same New Orleans hotel as Patron and  after learning he was sick, Nordholm attempted to check on Patron but was unable to do so.  

PWInsider can confirm that there was great concern following the no-show about Patron's well-being amongst those in company management to the point that there was talk of calling police to make a wellness check on him.  PWInsider.com is unable to confirm whether that actually took place.

In speaking to The Sporting News on how he feels regarding the aftermath that came from it, including his departure from Impact, Patron commented,"I’m fine. Of course, it’s difficult because it’s never good to go that way. Our relationship wasn’t pretty good or completely good. And this was just something that ended up breaking it. I’m fine, I guess. I’m going to do what I was planning on doing, as everybody knows I planning on leaving the pro wrestling business in the next year. I have said it several times over and over. And it’s because of some of these things where everybody thinks they can get their nose into your business. Is it right to know absolutely everything about you? It’s not. I’m just going to continue to do that and doing my stuff here, in Mexico like exactly how I was doing it and sometime next year and say goodbye to the pro wrestling business."

Patron, who was the highest paid performer in Impact, had been expected to sign a new deal, as his current deal was set to expire on 4/21.  Patron had been offered a raise as part of his new deal, multiple sources confirm.  

Instead, his run ends in controversy as he focuses on MMA and pro wrestling endeavors beyond the company that on 4/7, he claimed was "his company" during the press conference.

If you enjoy PWInsider.com you can check out the AD-FREE PWInsider Elite section, which features exclusive audio updates, news, our critically acclaimed podcasts, interviews and more by clicking here!

Use our reports with online gambling where you can play casino games or bet on different kind of sports! Go to online-casino.ca for more info.

CasinoHex.jpからネットカジノ一覧

オンラインカジノのおすすめ一覧